Series Review: Be Careful With My Heart
I never thought I’ll get hook with this series. I mean other people says kasi that it’s for older people but guess what I think the series is for everyone!
First things first before I say anything else if you know me for my part you know that I don’t usually watch Filipino TV shows and dramas. With one modest reason, it’s because a lot of these dramas are so long (because of repetitive conflicts) with stereotyped problems and exasperating characters. But this series offers more than I thought.
It was one Saturday month of August, I was trapped in my house and got nothing but lie down and watch tv. Then I got to watch this ABS-CBN daytime television drama titled “Be Careful With My Heart” starring Jodi Sta. Maria as ‘Maya’ and Richard Yap as ‘Sir Chief’. It was not my first time of hearing the show, since my colleagues and even my Mom always talk about it so I got the idea of Maya’s story.
First of all, the show was entertaining. Maya always lighten up the mood. Generally, what catch me with the show is because of the uniqueness lies on good plot of story and the theme to promote the positive outlook in life in spite of challenges. Plus it’s not the usual heavy drama which makes me irritated!
To cut it short, last November 15 Richard and Maya decided to tie the knot which makes all the viewers screams! (including me of course)
I don’t know about you but this wedding feels so true! And I think this show is the first time to televised almost whole ceremony and mass of the wedding. The way they exchanged their vows to each other brings back the beautiful memories they had for each other since the day they met.
And sobrang kinilig ako sa vow ni Sir Chief:
Richard: ”Maya, I vow to love you forever. To fulfill your dreams as you have fulfilled mine. To never give you any reason to doubt. To apologize if I make a mistake, and to apologize even if I don’t make a mistake. And most of all, to constantly remind you that it is not I who is the miracle in this relationship, but you, because you turn my whole world around. And I will be forever grateful to you, my miracle, because you found your way on that bridge more than a year ago. We had very different lives then, but that bridge brought you to me, and me to you. It was just like any other night, except that you came out of the blue. And just like that, my whole world changed. I changed. And although you like to call me Sir Chief, I want you to know that it is you who will always be my chief. My boss, my sun and my love, and I won’t have it any other way. I will love you until death do us part.”
Jason Magbanua SDE video:
You can watch the full video replay: http://www.iwantv.com.ph/
I will definitely recommend this series to you guys!
December /deːˈsɛmbər/ The month of joy, happiness and to finish what you started.
Hello, cold days! 2013 came with a blink of an eye, I can still remember the first few days of January and now I’m counting the remaining days of December. And now, I can’t believe it’s my birth month and Christ’s birth month (everyone’s favored season). 30 more days away from a new year, 2014.
To be honest, I still don’t want to think so much about the coming year because it consists of our team leaving QBE, new team for me and pending plan of leaving Manila but before that, let’s just welcome this month and live the last 30 days of 2013 to the fullest!
Here are the things I love about this month:
1. Christmas is only a few days away (Countdown: 24 days to go)!
2. Sweater weather.
3. Cold mornings.
4. Counting down days till my 22nd birthday.
5. Lights and feasts!
6. Simple joys.
7. Shaking presents under the tree.
8. Chocolates with special wrappers.
10. Or simply because it’s the best time of the year *wink*
So hello there December, please make my wishes come true!
Sidebar and everything in between
As early as now I’m planning how my 2014 will be productive and copious plus for this blog to be loved once again. Haha! So I came up with afresh categories/ sidebar that I need to do write-ups at least one per month or as long as I want too. Some categories where originated from co-bloggers and some was made by my good-humored idea. Kidding! Haha!
So here you go: (feel free to get some idea and use in your blogs too!)
Travelogue. This section will somehow explain how I spend my savings. Places where I can find breath taking sights, edible happiness, learn newfangled culture and matchless individuals. I planned to have at least 3 major trips annually and so far this year I’ve been in 4 places already!
Adventures of John and Jona. Name of the this section explains itself. Haha! Any adventures within the metro or outside will be featured here. Also, this section features bunch of things about my boyfriend.
List of Awesome. This section will feature my hunts-and-finds for the best and attention grabbing places within a limited budget in the metro. Yes, Manila is known because of it’s chaotic and dense traffic but still it’s a happy place full of stories to tell, you just need to help yourself make one to share.
Instagram Roundup. Nothing beats the accessibility and ease of use of this app. For those who’ve been following me on Instagram, you’ll know I’m currently enjoying life with work, food, people and everything in between! Haha! This section will include recent photos I posted on my instagram and my sentiment on each photo. (Just follow me if you wanna see more photos! It’s easier to update over there!)
Wishes Do Come True. Bucket list, birthday list, Christmas list and random wishlist! Besides it’s interesting going through the list to see what I had been able to do in the course of the allotted time I made plus to resolve and start moving to make these wishes come true!
Mixes. Eargasm! Because there’s a point in my life where I stayed as late as 4 am getting emotional and all plus some playlist makes me giddy to run in the rain in the middle of nowhere for no reason.
Currently. All -ing thing. Haha! I’m planning to do this every week since among all the categories this is the easiest one. Haha! Currently reading, writing, listening, thinking, smelling, wishing, hoping, wearing, loving, wanting, needing, feeling.
Book | Movies | Series Review. Obviously, all reviews, rants, heartbreaking insights and daydreaming thought would be here.
The Happy List. I always wanted to try this ever since Camie of Wild-Spirit shared her first volume of her Happy List but for some reason I keep on forgetting but I consider to finally start working with it before this year ends.
Statement, what? Haven’t I told you that I prefer wearing boyfriend shirt, plain round neck tee, pants and sneakers? Yes, I do and will always be. This section will feature one statement tee you can see me wearing most of the time and the reason why I do love it. See my blog thumbnail for sample.
John 1:1 As I have started my journey to get closer to our Savior, I have learned many new things that I think would be important to share with others - in particular with His word.
Hello, months! Monthly updates and happenings that I will post every first day of the month.
Q&A. Another self explanatory category. Haha! All inquiries would fall here of course.
The Hawkeye Shop. Anything under The Hawkeye Shop! THS started last September 2012 and still mounting! It’s an online shop owned and managed by The Superfamily. Also we are open with collaborations and sponsorship’s or a like. Visit Facebook page here.
There you have it! What’s your favorite category?
I’m 22, 7 days from now.
Hello guys! It’s been a while since I posted a personal entry so I figured I’d write one right now! And partly, (breaking news) it is because of my birthday on the 6th! But but but, I’ve got so many wishlist for my birthday. Btw I’m doing this for 3 consecutive years already, why? I was told by my Ate that wishes have higher chances of coming true when written down and because just in case you are reading this outdated blog of mine and is interested to grant my desires which includes the following:
(Haha! I have 22 wishes to compliment my age so here it is!)
1. Eat a big breakfast at iHop!
2. Can I have that birthday greeting coming from Saab Magalona already? (This is actually my third year of asking this one. Huhu)
3. Lunch with the best-est team ever!
4. Intax/Polaroid camera? Am I asking for too much? Haha!
5. Folded and Hung Marvel Kawaii shirt! *screams*
6. Dinner date with the my boy friends <3
7. That Wonder Woman purse from Art Work!
8. Long mushy birthday message coming from you! Yes, you!
9. Birthday photo from my best friend, Rav and with her little prince, Elijah! <3
10. That Wonder Woman make-up from Bench!
11. Chocolates from, you (again)!
12. John Green book set!
13. Black, blue and red swatch watch!
14. Plain white Vans! (size 7 please)
15. A sunflower (Because I adore sunflower. It reminds me of positivism)
16. A tight hug coming from, you!
17. Coffee date with any of the friends I have made online – on Tumblr, Twitter or Facebook.
18. Birthday greetings from random people! (Yes, you’ve heard it right - random people)
19. The First Phone Call From Heaven by Mitch Albom
20. Converse/Vans classic black hoodie jacket. Brr. Hello, cold season!
22. And for the last one? Uhm. Baguio Trip with John! Well good thing is that the trip is already planned on December 7 to 9 *happy dance*
There you have it, loves. However, this list isn’t limited to just that, you know, you can give me a handwritten letters, hugs and kisses and anything you want. Haha! On a more serious note, it’s not about the gifts you’ll be giving me but the thought that you are still here continuously occupying a significant space in my life. I seriously hope I could cross out all of these real soon! Haha!
Life gets better when you’re 22, cheers! :)
Then Things I Learned Before I Turned Twenty
“1. When your friends ask you to hangout, and you don’t feel like it, don’t go. Don’t ever do things halfway or do something that makes you uncomfortable. With everything, give all of yourself, even the pieces you never knew existed.
2. It is okay to not know. Everyone always despises the phrase, “I don’t know” but no one tells you that it is okay to not know. The becoming is more important than the being, anyways.
3. If someone ever makes you feel less, in any way, you have every right to walk away. You have every right to cut out toxic people in your life. To close the door on people who make you feel bad about who you are or what you stand for. Friends don’t tear down, they build up.
4. Loss is always going to happen. Just like paint will always chip and rain will always fall, loss will always be part of life. No matter how much I don’t like it, or avoid it, it is going to walk my way at several times in my life. Learn to embrace it and learn to get closure.
5. Give yourself a chance. Stop saying, “I don’t think I can” or “But what if I am not able to?” and give yourself a chance. This may be cliche, but try to believe in yourself. When you get older, your knees won’t work the same and you won’t have the best memory, and you are going to wish you’d given yourself a chance years sooner.
6. Fall in love. Don’t be guarded before you fall in love. You could fall in love three times and still not find the right one, but none of it is going to make “the one” matter less. Don’t fall into that idea that your first love has to be your best love. Fall in love as many times as it naturally happens.
7. Firsts are going to be messy. First loves, first kisses, first dates, first failed tests, first college class, first time you drive a car, first time you ride a plane - first times were made to be imperfect. Just because it’s messy and all over the place, doesn’t mean it can’t be good or worthwhile.
8. You want another scoop of ice-cream? Go get it. Get three more scoops of ice-cream if that is what you want. “Fat” is not the opposite of beautiful and it is not the opposite of happy. Don’t let anyone tell you that your body type isn’t beautiful. Beauty is a social construct, create your own, become your own.
9. Let yourself be alone. Loneliness is not a bad thing. It is healthy and normal. Everyone needs to spend a good portion of their life alone. We learn who we are when we are alone; life is less crowded and more clear when we are alone.
10. If you aren’t happy where you are, change it. Quit your job, move, become a vegetarian, get a new hobby, pick up an old hobby, whatever you do - make sure it benefits you. Life is too short to not be alive, to not be passionate, and overflowing. ”
Reblog from: Amanda Helm - Ten things I learned before I turned twenty (via fang-tasia)